Innovative gas barrier technology available for all standard food and non-food films
Technically developed to deliver functional performance, extended product shelf life and product freshness, Coveris’ EVOH films enable the application of oxygen barrier properties to single-substrate materials via sophisticated co-extrusion technology.
Coveris’ barrier films enable various levels of gas barrier to suit a range of food and non-food end user sectors and applications. Up to 9-layer blends permit combinations of functional layers to give the broadest performance window with tailored attributes in terms of strength, seal and aesthetics into a single film.
Our barrier range is supported by our industry-leading analytical laboratory offering onsite testing of oxygen and moisture barrier in addition to product testing for mechanical and seal performance for all products.
- PE co-ex barrier films for high-performance, sustainable advantage
- Supplied for use in conversion/print in various packaging formats including FFS, lidding, liquid and vacuum packs
- Predominantly used in food packaging sector for meat, fish, cheese and poultry, produce and bakery sectors for maximised shelf life and freshness
- Burst peel layer and reclose options deliver added value functionality for consumer convenience
- Multiple layers combining functions in a single film reduce process steps and increase efficiency
- Available with sealant to suit application: PE/PP/PET/Foil
- Tailored high barrier properties to oxygen, aromas, chemical resistance and mineral oil (MOSH/MOAH) migration
- Additive options such as anti-fog, anti-static or UV screen are available
- State of the art analytical lab testing to support product development and validation
- Meat, fish and poultry packaging
- Fresh and prepared produce
- Non-food applications including medical